Battle of the Sheet

 Get home tired. Cat has puked on sheet. Get out another sheet. Prepare for battle. Pep talk, you can do this without Kate S, look this sheet has stripes, surely they go top to bottom. Start trying to put in sheet. Tug one way, then the other way. Marley plops herself down like a paperweight then gets mad at my tugging and starts taking swipes when I get close. Sheet seems to be defective. I wonder if it shrank in the wash. Then I think, what if this is not the sheet where the stripes go top to bottom. What if that sheet was a different house or two decades ago? What if this sheet goes side to side? I know this sheet came from Target. I plug in my phone, wait for it to power up, go to the Target website, see the sheets with horizontal stripes. Remove Marley, turn the sheet around. Success! But now I am full of sheet fighting adrenaline and I don’t know how I am going to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Downtown Brooklyn

Court

Collisions 2: past and present